I’ve finally reached the day where I can say I’ve given up using foundation. Instead I have been using Lavera Beauty Balm. It’s like a tinted moisturiser with a little more coverage.
I researched different organic foundations online but I wanted to buy something which I could actually hold in my hand in store as oppose to just ordering it online and not really getting to see what it’s like. I’m a bit old skool like that!
I initially stopped using foundation because I ran out of the one I was using for months and picked up a really cheap Essence one from the chemist to do me until I could get the one I’d run out of.
I put the Essence foundation on and thought wow this actually looks great! It lasted all day, I took it off that evening and went to bed. Then I woke up the following morning and to my horror I had broken out in spots all along my cheek bones. I was so upset. I threw the Essence foundation straight in the bin. I used my old MAC Studio Fix foundation to cover the spots, ignoring the fact I’d stopped using that over a year ago because I had finally accepted it was breaking me out and was no longer my friend! (I really wanted it to work with MAC but it became an unrequited love story) Of course this was the worse thing I could have done and the MAC Studio Fix broke me out even more! So I said that’s it. I’m done with harsh chemically riddled foundations. I used a Bare Minerals foundation for a few days with some concealer but accepted that they too were full of nasties. I went make-up free for a few weeks. When I had to attend an event where I knew they’re would be photographers I thought right, it’s time to get an organic foundation that will actually work for my skin rather than against it. I vowed to myself that the ingredients would be gentle on my skin and I would put nothing on my face that sounded like it shouldn’t be going there! I wanted something natural and kind.
I did lots of research online and in the end I bought one that I found in-store in Holland&Barrett. This is the little beauty.
It’s full name is Lavera Naturkosmetic Beauty Balm 6in1 Tinted Moisturiser.
I only had two options in Holland&Barrett and the colour of this one suited me better so that was it, decision made.
Some information about it:
* Organic Acai Berry & Natural Mineral Pigments
* Made in Germany ( The Germans know what they’re doing)
* 30ml cost 24 euro
* It smells gorgeous like berries
* Evens your skin tone
* Smooths skin imperfections
* Provides skin with 24 hours of moisture
* Refines your pores
* Mattifies skin, eliminating excess shine
* Protects your skin from free radicals
Key Active Ingredients:
* Natural mineral pigments to conceal redness and even out skin tone.
* Hyaluronic acid, organic oils of joboba, olive, almond, acai along with organic shea butter, safflower oil and sunflower seed oil provide moistursing and antioxidant benefits.
* Organic aloe vera juice and organic licorice root have a skin-calming and soothe irritated skin.
I have been using it for a week now and I love it. My skin has been able to clear up while using it. Finally the break out from about two months ago is clearing up, this beauty balm doesn’t aggravate my skin at all. It feels light yet really hydrating and leaves me with a lovely natural glow. It looks like I’m not really wearing make-up but that I just have nice glowing skin!
How I use it:
* I wash my face with a cleanser
* Tone my face
* Pat my face dry
* With a clean dry finger tip I apply the beauty balm like I would a moisturiser. Three little dime size amounts do my face and neck.. On areas I think I may need some extra coverage I simply put a little more on over the first layer.
By the end of the day my face gets a little shiny but I really don’t mind that. The next step will be finding a decent organic powder to help with the shine but for now I’m delighted I finally have a foundation style moisturiser that works for me.
I love this product. It is suitable for all skin types. It’s organic and vegan and smells beautifully. It gives a lovely coverage which feels light but really hydrating and makes me appear to have a lovely natural glow!
I will definitely be repurchasing it when it eventually runs out! Happily that won’t be for awhile as a little goes a long way!