If you’re heading to the sold out Electric Picnic 2017, here’s a list of everything you should pack. By the way you’re one lucky sod.
Important Bits n Bobs
- Tent (with pegs, mallet and poles!)
- Sleeping Bag
- A bag that you can wear across your body to hold small important bits.
- Toilet Roll
- Packs of Tissues (really handy to carry on you)
- Sun lotion
- Lip protection
- Condoms (who knows!)
- Make-up (include: waterproof mascara)
- Small mirror
- Hand sanitizer
- Dry Shampoo
- Hair brush and accessories
- Shampoo and conditioner (if you’re planning on having a shower)
- Body wash and moisturizer (again if you plan on using shower facilities)
- Medicine including personal items like contact lenses, pills and glasses
- Earplugs (if you plan on doing any sleeping)
- Clothes and underwear for duration of stay
- Something with zips to keep valuables safe
- Something to sleep in
- Spare Clothes
- Bikini ( it could get hot! or you could find yourself in the jacuzzi)
- Flip Flops (if you want a shower)
- Rain gear / poncho
- Thick over the knee socks
- Camping furniture
- Cool Box
- Disposable BBQ
- Duct tape (handy for tears in tent!)
- Electric Picnic don’t allow any gas canisters, nitrous oxide, cylinders or petrol cookers into the campsites, or anywhere in the festival.
- Leave the wheeled suitcase at home. Cumbersome to carry and unable to roll through wet grass and mud without getting ruined, try a rucksack or hiking bag instead.
- If you take a digital camera, take a photo of your mobile number and name, so if it gets lost, it may just get back to you.
- Don’t take anything you would be sad to lose. Electric Picnic is safe and well maintained by security staff, but thieves still operate, so keep valuables to a minimum.
- Prep up a quick plan of action if one of you goes missing, e.g. wait an hour at the meeting point, then check first aid, then head back to the tent.
- Make sure you have packed all of your own medication, be it an inhaler or your hay fever tablets so your time away is not hindered by illness or spent coughing and spluttering through your favourite new band’s intimate acoustic set.
- Stock on up vitamins and good food with plenty of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and maybe cut back on processed foods. This can prepare your body for a few days of general body and liver abuse without leaving you riddled with germs because your immunity will be boosted.
- Pack your own hygienic wipes or hand sanitizer that can be used on the go. If sinks are a long way away, you want to clean away germs before you touch any food.
- Stories circulate about how bags can be taken from under your head as you sleep, which although sounding extreme is surprisingly easy when you’re under the influence and/or wearing earplugs to get some rest so sleep with your valuables in your sleeping bag so they can’t be taken.
- Check out Electric Picnic’s site rules before you arrive so you don’t have any banned items on you, such as glass or bottles. Random things like flags with poles are not allowed so have a look here so you can double check before packing that bag of weapons! Things you can’t bring to Electric Picnic 2016
- Read up on transport and/or car parking before you get there so you know what entrance to park at, and print out directions so you aren’t relying on a GPS on a phone which battery is about to run out on!
- Get an Electric Picnic Festival programme when you arrive and plan your time so you don’t miss out on your favourite bands.
And that’s it!!! Get planning and ready to have the best buzz of your life.